UPDATE 5/18/16: We are currently looking to fill this position.
We are a relatively new and diverse church near downtown Columbus looking for a part-time Worship Leader to lead us during our Sunday morning worship service. We are a church that started with only 8 people a few years ago and have grown to 45 people and are growing to the next level.
This position would require picking out the songs, practicing with our vocalists before the service, and leading in the service. It would only require 3 hours each Sunday to be at our worship location (from 10am – 1pm approx.), and however much time it takes you to pick out the songs and rehearse on your own during the week. It would not require any mid-week practice times with our team. We currently have a few vocalists, with the hope to add musicians as the church grows. If you enjoy worshiping to songs by Hillsong United, Jesus Culture, Rend Collective and Passion then you might be a fit for our worship ministry. You will get good experience leading worship in an authentic, contemporary worship atmosphere and you will experience being part of a new church.
- Song selection – Email song lineup and verse/chorus order to our pastor during each week.
- Leading Sunday worship team rehearsals before worship service.
- Lead worship in our worship service Sundays, from 10am – 1pm (covers set up, practice time, to end of worship service).
- Provide an energetic, contemporary worship experience.
- This is a paid position.
- Total of 4 hours each week (1 hour prep during week, 3 hours at worship service)
- We also welcome college students to apply. College students can commit to one, two or more semesters.